With the season for 2016-17 underway, Clapton has a packed calender of dates that will celebrate special occasions throughout the season:
- On Saturday 27th August, it is Clapton’s 138th birthday. We are playing at home to Eton Manor, so come and celebrate with us. It’s a wear something red affair. Food on sale, family entertainment, bouncy castle and face painting.
- On Saturday 3rd September we celebrate “Non League Day” when premier league supporters go along to their local football club. Last year 761 supporters came to witness a close 3-3 draw between Clapton and Ilford. We look to breaking the 1000 barrier this year, so come along to the Old Spotted Dog, where drinks are cheap, the pitch has grass on it, the team plays good football, the fans and the atmosphere at Clapton is fantastic. Not to be missed.
- Clapton has dedicated Saturday 12th November as Community Day, recognising those special unsung heroes of our local community; we are inviting members of all the services, the Nurses, Doctors, “Lollypop” Persons, Firemen, Police Personnel, Social Workers, Train Drivers, Council Workers, even Traffic Wardens, to the Old Spotted Dog Stadium for this special day. Providing you show your professional ID card you can enter at the concessional rate of £4 and £1 for children under 16 years of age.
- Saturday 28 January, 2017 is Fans Day. The management at Clapton, in recognition of the “Twelfth man”, has dedicated this day to the fans. This will be a day when you can pay what you want (minimum £1) to see .
- Saturday 15th April is Clapton’s Family Day and is the club’s finale; the reference to the Clapton Family is evident once you come through the gates. Special rates for families.
If you would like to be involved with any of these events, please call Vince on 07956 471828.